Former Atlanta United chief Darren Eales appointed CEO
The club has made the exciting announcement that their search for a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is at an end, as Darren Eales joins Newcastle having left the corresponding post at MLS side Atlanta United.
What we know:
- Eales, 49, is from Chelmsford and has represented West Bromwich Albion as Legal Director, Tottenham Hotspur as Director of Football and Atlanta United as CEO
- For Atlanta, he was a key operator in their remarkable rise from being a new club to becoming one of the most successful MLS sides of the last few years, as well as being the most profitable and the best-supported
- He worked alongside current Newcastle United Sporting Director Darren Ashworth during his time at West Brom
- Eales says that "Newcastle United is both a giant of a club, and the heartbeat of its community."
- The Chronicle delves into the history of Darren Eales
- Mark Douglas, of the Independent, gives his reaction to the news, with more insight into Eales' career
- The view from Atlanta United supporters:
- Eales on his philosophy: